Saturday, July 17, 2010

My single self! Ashlee- 24 St.Louis

In response to Kelly's Corner Show Us Your Life Friday, I decided to join in the fun and post a little something about myself, being that I AM single and she's wanting the singles to represent this week!

I'm 24 and currently live in St. Louis, where I've lived for 11 years now. I just graduated from MBU in April with a Bachelor's in Worship Arts and a Bachelor's in Ministry and Leadership. I am currently a receptionist with a wonderful national non-profit Christian residential counseling ministry. I hope to begin my Master's in marriage and family counseling next year but am also open to whatever God has for me in this season of my life, my future is in his hands! Ultimately I do want to be leading worship full time in a church based or traveling ministry and be able to provide counseling in conjunction with that particular ministry.




I am a pastor's kid and have grown up in church but am glad to say that that has not jaded or exagerated my spiritual life in any way (which often times it can, ask any pk!). It's all about a personal relationship with Christ...not religious legalism or denominational allegiances. He has shown Himself sovereign in my life and I reconize my complete reliance upon Him for everything, including the future of my love life!


I come from a loving family and they are extremely important to me. I would love to meet someone that shares my family values! I have 1 brother who is married and has 4 boys (with a 5th child on the way) and 1 sister. My parents were married for 40 years before my father passed away in 2008, what an example they set!



In my free time I love to play guitar and sing (I've been singing since I could talk!), work out, travel, get out and experience all that the city of St. Louis has to offer, spend time with friends and family, check out the latest flicks, head to baseball games, and just spontaneously head out on exciting adventures! I enjoy good books, Starbucks, great food, chocolate, rain storms, Yankee candles, a great smile, and all the simple things in life. I am 6'1" so my future mate MUST be ok with height, whether he's tall or short. God made me this way, I cant and wouldnt change it...and I LOVE to wear heels. lol.



If the man of God's dreams for me is reading this, I want you to know that I'm praying for you and cannot wait to finally meet you. I pray that God blesses your life as He has blessed mine and that one day we will be able to experience his love and blessings on our life together. Though the details of my potential mate are in God's hands, I pray that he has a great all-around personality, loves to have fun and can be goofy, is compassionate and caring, but strong and protective as well. I hope that he appreciates my love of travel (and wants to pursue big adventures with me),  my propensity for reminiscing and building memories, and my laid back, go with the flow nature.  I pray that we can build great communication and trust and be more than just marriage partners but also best friends. I love with all that I am and give 100%. While I cant promise that things will always be perfect, I can promise I'll always be by your side to push through the tough times and rejoice in the times of blessing. I hold you, love of mine, close to my heart.

 

If anyone sees this and would like to pass it on or post email, facebook, whatever...that'd be great!

You can also email me at ashlee.kirk05@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment