Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Deep cleaning the house and it's applications for the soul

After catching up on some much needed sleep I decided to get to cleaning the house today. I live with my mom and sister and its not like we make much mess but spring cleaning has been wayyy overdue.

I started with the bathroom and scrubbed the tub, toilet, and sink. I was just going to sweep the floor but decided instead to steam it and there begins the biggest hunk of my cleaning for the day. Once i started in the bathroom I ended up being a steaming machine! I vaccumed/steamed the hardwood floors throughout the house and when that wasn't enough I steamed the carpet in the living room....each floor I steamed about 3 times over. Once I finished that I windexed all of the class, pledged the wood, and cleaned the leather furniture. Not quite satisfied with my work I RECLEANED the hardwood floors with this great cleaner that my sister picked up for me to use. I then placed all of the furniture back in the rooms, while Nicole cleaned the stainless steal in the kitchen and eventually I stood back to marvel at the work.

The floors actually shined! The carpet felt sooo much softer and looked sooo much better! The stainless steel appliances looked brand new! Its amazing what hard work, determination, and HEAT can do to return things to a healthier, cleaner, shinier, much more appealing condition.

How true is this of our lives?

Often times we have to go through difficulties, tough times, and HEAT for God to work in the mess that is our lives, clean up the grime, dust, and stains and really make us shine. This process is not one that we can do on our own. Like with my sister helping with the finishing touches, often we need people to come beside us and help us work through the difficulties to come out stronger and more beautiful on the other side.

-Ash

No comments:

Post a Comment