Thursday, May 20, 2010

Living Out Love? Nice to Meet You!

I have finally done it. I have finally created a blog and am setting out on a new adventure. Wanna come along?

I am a recent college graduate and even typing that now seems so surreal. It seems as though I just sent in my first college application and should still be waiting with baited breath for an acceptance letter..but I have far more than an acceptance letter. I have a magna cum laude double Bachelors of Arts under my belt and I could not be more thrilled, blessed, and humbled.





God has been doing something with my life that I could not have even begun to comprehend when I was younger and dreamily imaginging what it would be like to be an adult. I have wandered through the valley and stood on the mountain, all the while in the palm of His hand.

But I'll go on about this more some other time.


So what does it mean to Live Out Love? Well, quite some years ago I decided that my life verse, the verse that I would model my life after is 1 Corinthians 13:4-8:


"Love is Patient. Love is Kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude or self seeking. It is not easily angered. It keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, and always
perseveres. Love never fails."



To me, what it means to live out love is that in everything I do, in everything that I am and will be, I will strive to embody these attributes of love. I will strive to be patient and kind with everyone I come in contact with...friends, family, total strangers. I will strive to put away envy, malice, boastful pride, rudeness, and selfishness and put on His light and be the embodiement of HIS love. I want to model my life after the greatest of the commandments and be the hands and feet of Jesus to a lost and broken world.

So now that you know what my title means and a little bit about who I am and what I stand for, I'd love to invite you to join in the fun, random, blessed, crazy, painful, beautiful adventure that is my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment