Thursday, May 27, 2010

What's in YOUR bag?

So it's been a few days since I last posted and I can promise you that not many exciting things have come up. But I will say that its nice to be through all of the season finales! I dont remember a time when there were so many right on top the other. I can also say I am 100% satisfied with the outcomes of all of my favorite shows including: One Tree Hill, Grey's Anatomy, Dancing with the Stars, Ruby, Celebrity Apprentice, and Biggest Loser.

Here's a look at the winners of DWTS, CA, and BL.


Derrick and Nicole shined all season and ended up pulling out the win for the Mirror Ball trophy over Evan and Anna. They were amazing!

Bret Michaels pulled out the win on Celebrity Apprentice, beating out Holly Robinson Pete. I dont care what anyone says, sympathy vote or not, Bret did a great job and I was happy to see him one. I also have to give Trump a few classy points for working with Snapple and getting money donated to both finalist's charities despite the show only usually giving money to the winner. Nice move Trump!
In Biggest Loser news, Michael came back to win the coveted title of Biggest Loser on Tuesday night. You have to give it up for this guy! He lost an incredible amount of weight in such a short time. And, can I just say, turned into a TOTAL babe?! Congratulations Michael!




Now, to the non-television oriented portion of today's post...which is brought to you by new experiences and the Faith that Works Bible study.  A few weeks ago I was invited by a fellow Mercy friend to attend a Bible study put on by the wonderful women of Faith that Works. I really wasnt going to know many people so I was slightly hesitant to go but God has been pressing it on my heart that this was something that I needed to do and that there's something in this that He's wanting to show me. I'm so glad I listened to Him! Even on the first night I could feel that this would be something special. We will be doing a study on the book of Joshua called "Peace of Mind or Mind in Pieces". This week was more of an icebreaker and we'll dig into the the study next week but I'm so excited to see what God has for us. We did a really cool exercise where we all emptied out our purses and examined what we needed to keep and what we could get rid of, what was weighing us down, and what we considered important. This plays into the idea of different voices speaking into our lives...what messages from others do we need to keep and what are those that we can throw away, that are keeping us shackled to our insecurities. Its a great group of young, outgoing women who are hungry to hear from God, grow in His Word, and walk in His freedom!

I must now draw this to a close as I need to be getting up early in the morning to spend the day with two of my favorite little girls. Am hoping its not tooo terribly hot so we can go to the park, but lets be honest, it IS St. Louis...therefore expect 80* heat before noon. lol.

Goodnight Kids!

No comments:

Post a Comment